Written by : Arsif Ali (for Windroidica)
Note:- Till windows 7, the Microsoft OS’s had an option in the Network & Connections panel to create a Ad-Hoc Wifi network, but from windows 8, it’s missing. Here’s an easy tutorial to create a Hotspot using an adapter(not required if your motherboard consists of an inbuilt one).
1. Connect the WiFi adapter and install it’s drivers. [Ignore if already done]
2. Open cmd using administrator rights (search for cmd in the search bar, and right Click on CMD and click Run As Administrator)
3. Type these following commands:
4. Then hit enter & you will see the following:
The hosted network mode has been set to allow.
The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
The user key passphrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
[You can skip the password step, but your network would be vulnerable to anyone]
5. Type the following:
[Now you will notice, if your WiFi adpater has an LED in it, starts blinking. Congratulations, you have started the network]
6. Now, you need to share the connection. Open the Network and Sharing Centre from the icon in the taskbar, or from control panel or press Windows Key+ R, and type ncpa.cpl and hit enter. Now click on the network your are using for your pc/the one you want to share (whether you are using a broadband, dongle or ethernet), and select Properties and select the Sharing Tab. Check both the boxes, and on the 1st section, select the Hotspot connection, the name might be Local Area Connection 3* or 13*. In this case it’s Lenovo Easy Plus. You can also search for the name in the Adapter settings in network panel. Click Ok.
7. You are done, now you can use your computer’s internet connection.
8. After using, you can stop your network by typing the following in cmd:
[Stopping it is a good habit since you may not loose the functionality later]
Note: If using the same name and password, after you have done the above steps once, you can only do the steps 3 & 5, i.e creating and starting. You can copy the commands in a text file and use it by copy pasting simply.
If you face any problems, then drop a comment below or on our Facebook Page.