It had been almost six months since I was on the lookout for a new pair of headphones. With Apple doing away with the headphone jack, buying a wireless headphone seemed like a good investment. But I had never used a Bluetooth headphone before; hence I was quite apprehensive of getting one. Finally I took a bold decision and ordered the SoundPEATS Black Q12 Bluetooth 4.1 wireless Magnetic In-Ear Headphones with Mic. Here’s my take on various aspects of the product:
Charge life : The headphones are charged with the help of the USB charging cable provided. According to the user manual, the headphones were partially charged when I received them, so I charged them fully and started using them. I got close to 6 hours of battery life, which was quite satisfactory. The best part was, however, once paired with your phone, a headphone symbol along with a battery bar indicated the battery life of the headphones. I found this to be a very convenient feature. Once the battery is completely drained out, the bar becomes low and red in color. It takes around 2 hours for the headphones to get completely charged. The indicating light turns blue from red, once the headphones are completely charged.
Box contents : The box contains the following:
1. SoundPEATS Q12 Bluetooth Headset
2. USB Charging Cable
3. 6 Interchangeable Ear Tips
4. 6 Interchangeable Ear Hooks
5. 2 Line Buckle
6. 2 Line Clamp
7. Carrying Case
8. User Manual
Build Quality : The headphones look quite sophisticated. The ear buds are connected with a wire which also contains the unit for adjusting volume, pairing and the microphone. The ear clips provide quite a secure fit in the ear canal. Both the ear buds and ear clips that are pre-fitted are medium in size. However for the best fit, I would recommend trying out all possible options according to your ear size. A great feature of these headphones is the ear buds have a magnetic backside. When not in use for a short while they can be worn around the neck with ease, without the fear of falling off. Since these are essentially sports headphones, this is quite a mention-worthy feature. The ear buds are quite soft and can be worn comfortably for two hours or more.
Sound quality : This is definitely the most important aspect for any headphone, and my SoundPEATS Q12 Bluetooth headphones passed with flying colors. Once fitted in your ear comfortably, it offers complete noise cancellation and delivers quite an amazing experience. It’s easy to get lost in a different world with these on.
Another essential feature of these headphones is that they can be used to receive calls with just the touch of a button. Receive calls and communicate on-the-go seamlessly. Call quality is pretty decent and overall the experience is hassle-free.
Ease of Use : Being a novice to Bluetooth headphones, I read the user manual carefully, once my headphones were delivered. Following the instructions, I found the pairing process very simple and easy and my headphones were ready to be used within few seconds. Pairing with my laptop was similar and quite simple as well.
1. The headphone has a feature of pairing with multiple devices, which is useful if one wants to make or receive calls from two devices. However content can be played one at a time.
2. The headphone remembers previously paired devices and thus automatically connects to it when switched on.
3. The wires are tangle-free and the headphones are quite sweat resistant. Hence using the headphones is a smooth experience, especially during working out.
1. Finding the perfect fit according to your ear can be a little challenging. Without a proper fit, the headphones may fall off.
2. They are not very comfortable to use while lying down. Turning to a side is difficult with these on.
3. Phone battery drains quite fast when headphones are paired for a while.
I loved my experience with the SoundPEATS Q12 Bluetooth In-Ear headphones overall and would definitely recommend it to all.