1. Storage: All of the latest high-end Android phones, including all the major Samsung phones, the HTC M9 and the LG G4, start with a more-reasonable 32GB of internal storage.
The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are priced like high-end phones, but that doesn’t stop Apple from skimping on storage. For starting prices of Rs. 44,000 and Rs. 50,000 approx respectively, you get just 16GB of internal memory. After you deduct 1.3GB for iOS , you have almost no space for the 12-MP pictures you’ll take, the 4K videos you’ll shoot, your music collection or iTunes movies, which can take up between 1 and 3GB depending on resolution.
2. Freedom: The app store for apple is restrictive and tightly controlled. Whereas, the Google App Store is generalized, marked into many categories, You can also take any APK file you download and sideload it on your own. But its not possible in IPhones.
3. Customization: My favorite part about Android phones — customization. If you enjoy being able to customize your phone, then Android is the way to go. Don’t like the standard keyboard that Android comes with? Easy! Just download a third-party keyboard app that replaces the stock one. Don’t like the entire launcher that runs your phone? Download a new launcher. Want to make your phone have a layout exactly like a Windows phone? Yep, you can do that, too.
4. Removable battery : Not all, but many of the Android phones out there will have a removable battery that you yourself can take out and replace or service to your liking. After you use a phone a while, the battery will start to lose its original capacity. It’s not a matter of if the battery life starts getting bad, it’s a matter of when. It’s just how batteries work.
So, say you’ve had an iPhone for a long time and it doesn’t last long at all before it needs a charge. Well, too bad, you’ll have to go to the Apple store or some store that can service it or you’ll just have to live with it.
5. A back button : Android’s back button provides a really simple and helpful way to return to a previous screen no matter where you are. The button even works across apps.
On the iPhone 6s, you can use only app-specific navigation or hit the home button to end up back on the home screen. That’s a lot more swipes and taps that waste your time and tire your fingers.
8. Expandable memory: Memory card slot is not available in apple whereas a card slot is available for android phones. The majority of Android phones offer expandable memory. That means you can pop open the back cover or a slot on the side of your phone and put in a micro SD card which then becomes added memory to your phone. What does Apple do? Well, they’ve never offered expandable memory for the iPhone.
Author : Anjali Karmakar
Anjali is a team member and the Content Writer of Windroidica. A Law student who loves to read, tweet and write as often at possible.
Visit her website and read her poems/stories here or ping her on Twitter