Suppose you lost your Android Device or it was stolen, do not worry! There are plenty of steps that you can take to get your device back. The best way to do that is through Android Device Manager. But before we dive into all that, let’s take a look at the precautions that one can take in case of a stolen or lost android device.
Setting up a lock screen
To set up a security code for the device’s lock screen, go to “Settings > Security > Screen lock”, and then choose the method you want. You can choose from Pattern, Pin and Password. Most of the devices today also offer Facial Recognition. You can also encrypt your Android phone to protect your data in case you loose your device.
- You can also display a Lock screen owner message if you want.
- To set that up, go to “Settings > Security > Owner info”.
- From here you can choose what you want to display on the lock screen from your name, address or any other contact info.
ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER
Most of the Android devices available today come with Google Play Services which has a tool that can Lock, Locate, Ring and Wipe your device.
- Firstly, download the Android Device Manager app from the Google Play Store.
- Once it’s installed, make sure that the Android Device Manager is enabled as a device administrator. To do so, head into “Settings > Security > Device Administrators” and hit the Android Device Manager check box.
Now that we have set up the Android Device Manager, let’s see how it works.
If you’ve lost your phone or it was stolen there is a very easy way to find your phone and keep the data safe using ADM.
If you have access to an internet enabled computer fire it up and visit “https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager“.
Once there, sign in with your google account associated with your Android Device.
From here you can track your device and keep your data safe by either changing the current lock screen with a new one by choosing the “LOCK” option or by wiping the entire device clean using the “ERASE” option.
And suppose you have lost your phone in your house, then tracking the device won’t help much. You can give your device a Ring by choosing the “Ring “option.
That’s all Folks. Setting up Android Device Manager and using it is pretty easy, so get to it and keep the data in your devices safe from getting into the wrong hands.